Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cookies for breakfast?

Why yes I think I will :)  I am putting together snacks for our trip to northern Minnesota (we leave tomorrow and I have yet to pack...yikes!)  However, if you know anything about road trips with a 3 year old, you know the only things that really matter are the snacks and the DVD player for the car!  Most of our snacks are fruits and veggies in portioned packages so they are easy to eat in the car, but I knew we would all want something sweet and I didn't want to get sucked into the sugary deliciousness of rest area food so I am making us some healthy cookies.  Yes, that's right, I said healthy cookies!  The best part is they are actually meant to be eaten for BREAKFAST!  Can you believe it, an excuse to eat cookies for breakfast, sign.me.up.

The recipe is really easy and can be found on my pinterest board, but I will list it below as well.


Ingredients:
1.5c Rolled Oats
2-3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4c dried cranberries
1/4c unsweetened, shredded coconut
1c unsweetened applesauce
1/4c diced dried apples
1/4c chunky peanut butter
1tbsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
Optional add ins: slivered almonds, honey, dried fruit  

Instructions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (Note: I suggest mixing the applesauce and bananas first to create a base and then mixing in the other ingredients).
3. Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven).
5. Enjoy cookies for breakfast!!
**Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator**

Makes 24 medium sized cookies You can pretty much mix in any fruit, nut, type of nut butter to suit your families tastes. WW 2 Points+ per cookie-but who can eat just one! :)

Hope you enjoy and happy eating :)

This recipe is being shared on Shrinking Kitchen's Cook and Tell board!

4 comments:

  1. It is healthy to have oats and bananas in the morning. Kids would love to eat these biscuits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...